Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning account for over 40% of the energy used in buildings. GPRO Mechanical explains how to make HVACR equipment as efficient as possible, while providing the same levels of comfort to occupants. GPRO Mechanical gives experienced construction professionals the critical tools needed to transition from conventional to sustainable construction practices.
GPRO trained mechanical professionals and HVAC contractors can qualify for a LEED point under LEED Pilot Credit 81. See gpro.org/faqs for more information.
GPRO Mechanical is ideal for a range of professionals in the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration industries including:
This 12-hour certificate course can be scheduled to meet the needs of your organization. Certificate exam is included.
WHAT STUDENTS LEARN
Part 1: Fundamentals of Building Green
- Economic and health benefits of green building
- Causes and impacts of a changing climate
- Transitioning to sustainable construction practices
- Understanding LEED
- Overview of green building strategies
- The importance of commissioning
Part 2: Mechanical
- How sustainability requirements and LEED affect mechanical trade work
- Critical indoor air quality assurance practices
- New technologies and approaches for reducing energy use in HVAC systems
- How to achieve high efficiency with mechanical insulation and HVAC controls
- The mechanical trades’ role in testing and balancing, commissioning, and maintenance
- Important practices for retrofitting HVAC systems in existing buildings
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
GPRO Mechanical qualifies for 12 AIA and GBCI CE Credits.