START CLASS ON TIME
- If more than 80% of the expected students are in class at the scheduled start time, start.
- If not, at the scheduled start time let the students know it's time to start, but you will wait a few minutes for additional students to show up.
- Regardless of how many students show up in the minutes to follow, start within 5 minutes.
- You need to manage your time carefully for every class.
- Depending on the audience, you may want to spend more time on certain topics.
- Set up some milestones for yourself to teach a certain number of slides, and check your progress every hour.
- Don't skip breaks: no more than 90 minutes without a break in the morning, and no more than 75 minutes in the afternoon.
- Take 10 minute breaks and show a countdown on the screen. Then, start on time.
- Don't go overtime: finish everything within 5-10 minutes of the scheduled end time.
- Use a timer if necessary.