By improving water efficiency in buildings, plumbers play a particularly important role in the high-performance building process and help conserve a precious natural resource.
GPRO Plumbing (PL) teaches participants about the economic advantages of water-efficient technologies and practices. Participants leave with knowledge they can apply to any plumbing job the very next day. GPRO PL is ideal for a range of professionals in the plumbing industry including subcontractors, installers and technicians.
This 12-hour certificate course can be scheduled to meet the needs of your organization and includes the GPRO exam session.
WHAT STUDENTS LEARN
- Key differences between green and conventional plumbing products and work practices
- Improving water distribution systems
- How to interpret Energy Guide and water use rating systems
- Maintenance issues on common green fixtures, appliances, and systems
- Retrofitting existing buildings with water-efficient technologies
- The plumber’s role in the building commissioning process
- Green bidding issues for plumbers
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
GPRO: Plumbing qualifies for 10 AIA and GBCI CE Credits.
See www.gpro.org/faqs for details.