PREPARING FOR CLASS
KNOW THE MATERIAL
Instructors should be aware of all the material presented in the course so that they can properly address any questions that might come up in class. Even if you are an expert on the topic, it is still important to master the presentation so that you can focus your efforts on teaching the material to the students.
- Study the presentation slides.
- Make sure you fully understand both the slide content and instructor notes.
- Get to know the arc of each chapter so you can speak within the context.
Feedback is welcome! Please email email@example.com if you have suggestions regarding the materials or ideas for delivery.
KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE
- Find out WHO you’re teaching. You can tailor the class to the audience and emphasize their interests.
- If you don't know the audience's background, ask the students at the beginning of class.
- Incorporating your students’ interests will make your presentation more engaging and help the audience relate to the material.