Fundamentals OF BUILDING GREEN
Understanding green building fundamentals is the building block of all GPRO training; all our trade-specific courses begin here.
But what if you’re not a tradesperson or building operator and would like a better understanding of green building? That’s why we created GPRO Fundamentals.
This course is ideal for a range of audiences including:
- Sales or administrative staff who work in real estate, construction, architecture or engineering
- Workforce development providers
- Facilities and operations support staff
- College students interested in entering the building and construction industry
Fundamentals explains how different systems work together to make buildings efficient, healthy and resilient, as well as where the green building industry is headed.
This certificate course runs four to six hours depending on the audience. It can be scheduled to meet the needs of your organization and includes the GPRO exam session.
WHAT STUDENTS LEARN
- Overview of green building strategies
- Economic and health benefits of green building
- Causes and impacts of a changing climate on buildings
- Transitioning to sustainable construction practices
- Complying with green codes and standards
- Understanding LEED
- The importance of building commissioning (systems quality assurance)
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
GPRO Fundamentals qualifies for 4 AIA and GBCI CE Credits.
See gpro.org/faq for details.